Saturday 13 June 2020

Hello




Hello and welcome to my blog.

If you like birds and everything about birding, I hope you will find something useful here. This blog is about birds, specifically birds found in the Scottish Highlands where I live and work but it's also about much more.

I love bird books and keep adding to my collection so I will post reviews of new books as I read them.

I'm a photographer and have had my work published in numerous places (including a Royal Mail stamp) but I'm not a dedicated wildlife photographer with thousands of spare pounds to spend. I'm much more interested in capturing memories and using photography as a digital notebook. I'll explain more in a future post and I'll also give information on what I use, both good and bad.

I've recently started sound recording using very basic equipment so I'll be posting about my failures to recognise calls from nocturnal birds.

I'll also be posting about birds. My own birding from my local patch and any wider news relating to birds in the highlands.

Please join in the conversation, let me know if there is anything you would like to see featured here and I hope you enjoy what you see.

Cheers

Colin


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Surprise Sabine's

After yesterday's Little Stint I thought I would go back to Whiteness Bay for the early high tide. Still plenty of Dunlin, Ringed Plover...